The Vashon Transportation Hub is located at the Vashon Maury Island Chamber of Commerce Office.
17141 Vashon Hwy SW
Community Transportation Coordinator Office Hours are:
Tue: 12 pm to 5 pm
Thu: 12 pm to 5 pm
Sat: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
THE VASHON COMMUNITY VAN
Vashon Community Van
Community Van is a new rideshare pilot program brought to you by King County and The Vashon Maury Island Chamber of Commerce to provide Islanders with a new way to share the ride. This is the latest in a series of unique Community Connections Metro is piloting in communities throughout King County. These services are designated to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can’t meet their needs.
How It Works
- Community members travel together to local destinations throughout the day, evening and weekends.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned ahead of time by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders contact their Community Transportation Coordinator to find pre-scheduled Community Van trips or see trips on this page posted by others.
- Trips must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver. Each rider will pay a one-zone Metro fare while the driver travels for free.
- Riders request a trip through the listed trip contact or Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders can suggest a trip they know is popular with their friends and neighbors.
- Accessible Community Vans are available upon request. Tell the Community Transportation Coordinator about your needs before your trip.
Vashon Community Trips
Click the Trip Schedule button below to see a list of trips that are scheduled with the Vashon Community Van. If you’d like to share the ride for any of these trip contact the Vashon Community Transportation Coordinator via email or call 206-773-7003.
Become a Volunteer Driver!
Volunteer Driver Application
Support your neighbors, your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive a week.
Step 1: Download, complete, sign and email your Community Van Driver Application.
Step 2: Complete Driver Orientation
Step 3: Start Driving! Once you become an approved driver you will be able to use the van.