Sunday November 18th Making Vashon Bright!
9AM to 1PM
Sign up to help!
The Chamber Board and volunteers will be hanging the holiday garland on Sunday November 18th.
Last year we got most of Vashon town covered with garland and it looked great. The cost of garland is low and helps fund the events like Halloween & WinterFest Weekend. It includes set up and take down by Chamber volunteers so it is the best deal in town. Vashon looks great when it is all lit up so please encourage your neighboring businesses to order garland as well! HELP HANG GARLAND! It is fun and we feed you amazing chili!
Detour Map for Tree Lighting and Santa Parade
The 2018 Tree Lighting & Santa Parade!
Saturday December 1st
5:00 pm to 8:00 pm!
(Rain or Shine)
The Artists Studio Tour, Gingerbread Tour & Contest, Merchant Open Houses, Santa Parade and the Tree Lighting Ceremony! It is a relaxing and memorable way to kick off the holiday season! Join us in the heart of Vashon Town for this beloved holiday celebration.
Here is what is happening on Vashon for the Holidays!
Saturday December 1st, 2018
Holiday Open House! All Day.
Merchants will hold their traditional "Open House" all day during business hours and during the Santa Parade. Shop Vashon and visit Island shops for unique gifts. Bring in your coupon and enter to win wonderful prizes. Get your coupons in the Vashon Beachcomber.
Food Drive! 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- The Vashon Maury Island Community Food Bank will be hosting a Food Drive. Look for their truck and volunteers by the Town Tree Stage. Help spread the holiday cheer by bringing shelf-stable goods for the Food Bank to distribute to your neighbors.
- Donate to the Vashon Maury Island Community Food Bank by clicking here!
Pre-Parade Activities at Vashon Village. 4:00 PM to 5:30PM
- The Lodges on Vashon, CoreCentric, The Hive, Vashon Ebikes, and Vashon Brewing Company Pub will be hosting young and old with holiday crafts and more before the Santa Parade starts. Join them to kick off the celebration.
Pre-Parade Activities at the Town Tree: 5:00 PM to 8:00PM
- Island Queen, Snapdragon, Voice of Vashon, Camp Colvos, The Presbyterian Church, and Recess Lab will be hosting holiday activities in their parking lots including a Mulled Wine Garden, Hot Cider and Chocolate, Roasted chestnuts, Holiday Music and Holiday Crafts for the kids.
- Waiting for Santa just got a whole lot better!
Santa Parade: 5:30 PM Start (Marshaling at 5:00 PM)
- The Santa parade starts at dark (which is around 5:30 pm). The parade is starts at the parking lot at The Lodges on Vashon and goes through town to the new Christmas Tree on the corner between of 177th and Vashon Highway at the Presbyterian Church.
- Click Here if you want to be a part of the parade.
Tree Lighting Ceremony: Starts Whenever Santa Arrives! (Figure 6ish)
- Once Santa arrives, he will lead the traditional Tree Lighting Ceremony at the stage at the base of the Tree at 177th and Vashon Highway
Meet Santa: After Tree Lighting Ceremony unitl 7:30pm.
- Get a chance to meet with Santa one on one! Santa and crew will be holding court in the Vashon Recess Lab parking lot after he lights the tree.
Holiday Cookie Contest!
- Think you have the best Christmas Cookie? Let Santa be the judge. Bring your cookies for Santa to sample.
- Judging will take place after the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Fabulous prizes will be available for the best cookies.
Vashon Island Visual Artists Holiday Studio Tour: December 1-2 & 9-10 10 AM - 4 PM
- Artists on Vashon Island open their doors to the public for the first two weekends of December. Visitors may view artwork in the form of paintings, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, glass, jewelry, photography, garden art and even more.
- Pick up a map and visit Vashon's Artist in their studios to see their latest work. A great way to shop for amazing gifts.
- Click Here for More Info.
Friday December 7th
Gingerbread House Tour Friday - Sunday
- The Gingerbread House Tour features creative houses at different island locations. Get a map and take a tour.
- Vote on your favorite house. The Ballot Box is located between Kronos and The Vashon Book Store. Your entry could win you fabulous prizes.
First Friday! 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Come back to Vashon town and take part in the First Friday Gallery Walk.
ROAD CLOSURES! Roads will be closed from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
For the safety of all, roads in the heart of downtown will be closed between from 178th Street (Vashon Theatre) to the Park and Ride by 171st.
Bank Road will be closed from 100th to 97th.
Detours start a Cove Rd on the North end and 178th on the South end.
Detours: Northbound Through Traffic From Vashon Highway south of town: Detour West on 178th, North on 100th, West on Bank Road, North on 107th, East on Cove Rd, North on Vashon Highway
Southbound Through Traffic From Vashon Highway North of Cove Rd: Detour West on Cove Rd, South on 107th SW, East on Bank Road, South on 103rd SW (the road behind IGA), East on 178th, South on Vashon Highway.
174th Street will be open, so drivers can get around the festivities by taking 174th, Bank & Beall Road SW.
CLICK HERE FOR A MAP!