The Vashon Maury Chamber of Commerce invites all Vashon visual artists to submit an original design for a series of three (3) Vashon Strawberry Festival 2021 commemorative posters. These posters will be limited edition, signed by the artists, and a collector’s item.
This Call for Art is for artists to submit designs that will be printed as our 2021 limited edition commemorative poster for Strawberry Festival.
- We will be selecting three (3) different designs from three different artists.
- Size: 17” (h) x 11” (w): vertical orientation
- Print run: 150 per design
- All posters will be signed by artists, limited edition
- Winning artist received $100 stipend plus a percentage of total sales.
- May 24, 2021: Deadline for submitting form & images of art submission
- June 1, 2021: Final three (3) selections announced
- June 3-15, 2021: We invite the selected Artists to signed limited editions of their work
- June 15, 2021: Commemorative Posters available for sale
- You can submit 1-2 pieces for consideration.
- Art must be original work.
- Artwork can include painting, prints (linocuts, etc), photography.
- Size 11x17.
- Submissions need to be a completed piece of work and include the following information:
- title: Strawberry Festival
- year: 2021
- location: Vashon or Vashon Island or Vashon, Washington or Vashon Island, Washington
- Printing will be with 1/4" white trim, not full bleed.
The three published artists will receive $100 stipend each, plus a percentage of the total sales proceeds.
Artists must be one of the following criteria:
- Live on Vashon.
- Own property on Vashon.
- Young adult who grew up on Vashon, and does not have a permanent residency elsewhere.
- A jury will review and select three (3) different choice for print and sale.
The application consists of two parts:
- The application form - see link below "Apply Here"
- Images of completed artwork you are submitting to be considered emailed to email@example.com . Image file format: jpg, png, pdf
For any questions contact: Chamber Marketing and Communications Director, Steven.Brewer@vashonchamber.com