|Hello Vashon Businesses-
Make sure to take a look at the new membership structure. We have introduced several changes in the way that we offer membership, so that you may tailor your membership to best meet your business needs! If you haven't already renewed your annual membership, now is the time. If you didn't receive an invoice or have a question, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you already renew and not realize that there were upgrade options? No problem, shoot us an email and we can adjust as needed!
NEW WEBINAR: Strategies to Respond to COVID in Your Business
· The Vashon-Maury Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Vashon BePrepared and Mary Bergman, a retired Vashon physician, is convening a WORKSHOP to review the guidelines, discuss strategies and review real Vashon case studies to effectively manage if someone gets COVID in your business.
· Choose from one of two dates:
· November 16th at 9:30 am. REGISTER HERE
· November 19th at 9:30 pm. REGISTER HERE
A great way to make our community feel festive for the holidays...look for the forms this week OR click HERE to place your order.
· This year we are having a professional team hang the garland versus volunteers. This is the best way to get the garland up while keeping everyone safe.
· Due to COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings we will not be having traditional Winterfest celebration and tree lighting ceremony; however, we will have a tree lit to keep the spirit alive at the Vashon Green.
SHOP LOCAL CAMPAIGN:
· We want to include you in our Holiday Shop Local campaign!
With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, the Vashon-Maury Chamber of Commerce is working to drive as much business as possible to our community’s independent shops and restaurants. To encourage customers to shop local this year, we’re building an online webpage to highlight some of the best gift options Vashon Island has to offer. We’d love for you to join us!
The idea is to provide a one-stop holiday shop for Vashon residents as they buy gifts for loved ones or assemble their own wishlists. By visiting a single site, customers will be able to browse local businesses and make purchases from the comfort of home. Locals can also use the site to encourage faraway friends and loved ones to support Vashon’s vibrant business community as they do their holiday shopping.
Are you a member interested in being featured? Just send a brief listing to the Chamber at email@example.com —including:
· your company name
· a link to your website, and
· a brief description of what’s available for purchase or a link to your online store
DEADLINE for submission is November 26th, 2020.
The listings will be compiled in the coming days and displayed on a dedicated page on the Chamber’s website. We’ll also provide participating businesses with materials to help point customers toward the new resource.
Call for Volunteers...we surfaced the opportunity to join our board and helping shape the future of the Vashon-Maury Chamber and our island community. Learn more about board member criteria and responsibilities as well as complete your application HERE.